Wednesday 10 April 2013

Creating My Film Poster

I put together two photographs. The dominant one is of the two actors who play the main leads in the film, this illustrates who the characters will be and whose story will be in the film. I also put in photographs of the characters of Nina and Sasha, who are best friends in the film, to show that it is about friendship but also I chose the style of the layout because it is presented in a way that it switches between Nina and Sasha in the picture on one another - which is related to the body/mind switch in the film.

I added some Channel Mixer over the black and white photographs, creating a filter, which make the images more dramatic. The colour blue is considered calming and in the poster it symbolises the calm state of the mind. I wanted to use red instead to signify danger, blood and chaos but it didn't really have the same impact as the blue and looked like it had a sepia filter.


For the title it needed to be bold, simple and eye-catching. I chose the font 'Helvetica Neue' because it's a simple font to work with that I can alter in a variety of way, but I chose to display the title in simplicity to get the message of the title across. The alignment of the text is distorted which highlights larger words 'THE STRANGE' which should grab the audience's attention and curiosity because of the word choice itself.

I added the title credits for the actors/actresses' names to gain interest from the public to watch the film for who is in the film, as some people do watch films to see their favourite actor or actress. The 5-star ratings and reviews also shows the public that it is critically acclaimed and is worth watching, this also builds up the hype following a film's success with the critics and awards.

No comments:

Post a Comment